Audience Response Systems
Audience Response Systems (aka “Clickers”) are the must-have technology in every classroom as they provide instant feedback between student and faculty regardless of the size of the class. Instructors using feedback systems transform their classroom into an interactive experience.
Chattanooga Business Machines has a way to meet all your educational goals with iRespond™ devices for the K-12 classroom throughout your day.
Manufacturer provides free training and support.
- Small and versatile
- Multiple Choice, True / False, Yes / No
- Lowest cost solution available
- Large Touch Screen
- Multiple Choice, True / False, Yes / No, Content Item, Text and Numeric Fill-In-The-Blank, Survey, Extended response
- Displays Questions, Graphics, and All Answers
- 2 Line Display Screen
- Multiple Choice, True / False, Yes / No, Multiple Response, Numeric Fill-In-The-Blank
- Displays student grade, Class average, Teacher message, and Feedback
- 24/7 Web-based Accessibility
- No remotes needed
- Allows teachers to “chat” with students
11 ways faculty use clickers:
- to measure what students know prior to instruction (i.e., pre-assessment)
- to measure student attitudes
- to find out if students have done required reading
- to get students to confront misconceptions
- to transform the way they do demonstrations
- to increase students’ retention of the material they have been taught
- to test students’ understanding
- to make certain types of assessment easier
- to facilitate testing of conceptual material
- to facilitate discussion and peer instruction
- to increase class attendance
Results from assessments:
- Student enthusiasm for clickers is high.
- Student attendance is improved, changing from below 50% in the lecture method to over 80% when clickers are used.
- Student learning is improved.
- Faculty enthusiasm is high.
- Student apathy is much less evident.